‘Open Studios’ on Saturday May 12th 2012
Resident artists at Ruskin Glass Centre are opening up their studios and providing a real insight into their work.
The day will consist of a series of demonstrations, opportunity to view work not always on display, as well as purchase timeless pieces of art and craft.
Artist studios make up more than half of all the workshops at the Centre, where they trade alongside other craft based businesses and retail units.
Some of the highlights of the day include:
- Glass blowing by a number of resident artists showcasing different styles and techniques.
- Demonstrations of traditional and contemporary stained glass techniques.
- Discover the techniques Vic Bamforth uses to create his instantly recognizable & collectible masterpieces.
- A showcase of Sue Parry’s latest body of work which displays her work in a new and innovative way.
- Exploring the potential of recycled glass with artist George Jackson.
- Engraving of the ‘Portland Vase’ by cameo glass engraver Terri Colledge at Stourbridge Glass Engravers.
- An exhibition of Phil Potters Sculptures and Simon Bruntnell limited-edition photographic prints.
- Find out about the workshops and classes available on site.
- Studio gallery displays.
‘open studios’ 10am till 4pm